Thursday, November 29, 2012

saw it. pinned it. did it.

 This is my first time participating in the Saw It. Pinned It. Did It. party over at Beautiful Mess but yesterday I talked about how I have been wanting to do my own glitter deer that has been floating around all over pinterest. So after I got off work yesterday I decided to go to Hobby Lobby to see if they would have what I was going to need. My inspiration was from this pin 

All you need is a canvas (Hobby Lobby had them in a pack of two for $5.99 but I used my 40% off coupon on them because they were the most expensive thing I bought yesterday) some Elmers glue, a paint brush (I used a very fine tipped one to make sure I stayed in the lines) and a deer silhouette print out (I just googled mine).
After you print our the silhouette from Google or wherever you get yours from cut it out and then lay it on your canvas where you want it to be and trace around it with a pencil.
 Next you paint your glue on the deer part, where you want the glitter to go. This was the messy part and I now have glitter all over my craft room, I am sure Mom and Dad aren't going to like that when I move out in June and they turn it into Dads Naked Room an office. 
Next just dump the remaining glitter on a piece of paper and funnel it back into your glitter container so you can reuse it for your next project...I am seeing glittery Easter bunnies and eggs in the near future!
Next just find the perfect place to hang it up...for now mine is in the living room but I think it is going to get moved to the kitchen once all the Christmas decorations are out and it finds a proper place to be. However it is going to be out all year round because this country girl doesn't mind a little country glam all year round. 


My total cost was probably under $10 with supplies left to make many more and it only took me about 15 maybe 20 minutes. The most time consuming was the glue part and making sure I didn't leave any blank spots or get on other parts of the canvas.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog through the link up :) This is soooo stinkin cute! I haven't seen this pin yet my way but I'm half tempted to make my own glitter deer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!