This weekend I made this amazing pumpkin trifle recipe to take to Anthony's family cookout!
Just thought I would share the recipe with you and if you are looking around for a bowl like this to put it in check out Wal-Mart has them for $8.00. Hope you enjoy!!
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake mix
- 1-1/4 cups of water
- 1 egg
- 4 cups cold fat-free milk
- 4 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg & allspice
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whip cream, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and egg, beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into an ungreased square or rectangle baking pan
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Place in refrigerator to speed up cooking process. When completely cooled, crumble the cake. Set aside some crumbs for garnishing the top
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pumpkin and spices until well blended.
- In a trifle bowl or 3-1/2-qt. glass serving bowl, layer a fourth of the cake crumbs, half of the pumpkin mixture, a fourth of the cake crumbs and half of the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Sprinkle the leftover cake crumbs on the top. ENJOY!