Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hello everyone!
I know once again I have been MIA, well minus the action part due to lack of blog posts. Oops...I have just been so busy with life in general. Anyways no excuses, I am back now (:
What have I been up to?
well we celebrated Thanksgiving since I was last on here. I made these awesome turkeys that I found on pinterest. They were so easy other than trying to find the ingredients at Wal-Mart the day before Thanksgiving (big mistake!) I swear there we 20+ managers in there and tons of workers and not a single person could help me because they were preparing for Black Friday. Anyways after an hour and a half in Wal-Mart and a quick trip to Walgreens because Wal-Mart didn't have any candy corn. After very tedious work on the turkies and a break in between to go to the movies with our friends Sammy and KW I had 27 cute little turkies for 27 lucky people on Thanksgiving Day. I would have made more but with only two packs of oreos 27 was the lucky number I got out of that because each turkey took two oreos. Now the problem I had with only 27 was we had 3 different houses to go to. So I split them between the first two and then took 3 to the last house (one for Grandma and Grandpa and one for Uncle Kurt) Even though there was a limited amount they were a huge hit and I plan on making enough for everyone next year, just next year I will be getting them done ahead of time so I don't have to deal with all the craziness of grocery shopping the day before.

As I mentioned above that Wal-Mart was preparing for Black Friday on Wednesday, I must say I did attend the whole Black Friday shopping frenzy. Aubrey, Joni, Lauren and myself actually pulled an all nighter and got some shopping done but none the less go to witness the craziness firsthand. First we went to Wal-Mart, then the mall to see what stores were open (none that we really needed anything from) then to Kohls (which was total craziness!!!) we had stuff to buy but when the line wrapped all the way around the store we put our stuff down and called it quits, we then had a couple hours to waste before the other stores opened at 4:00 so we went to McDonald's and ate and sat around and talked. At 4:00 we hit up the mall again to go to Victoria Secret and B&BW. I got some really good deals there and finished my shopping for my secret cousin gift for the Spiker side of the family. I finished the morning off with Tractor Supply opening at 5:30 then I went home and went to bed at 6:45 a.m. and didn't wake up until 4:00 p.m. when Anthony came over after work. I still don't think I have caught up on my sleep from pulling that all nighter. But all in all Black Friday shopping was a success and I look forward to doing again next year with my girls (:

Is everyone else finishing up their Christmas shopping or how is your decorating coming along?
Maybe tomorrow I can post with some pics of our tree, the rest of the house isn't done yet. I was too busy with deer gun season to get to that this past weekend so maybe the upcoming one I can tackle that (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!