Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Weekend Happenings


This weekend was slightly busier than what I prefer, however, this weekend was just the kickoff to a very, very busy next few weekends. I literally have a wedding every Saturday from here until November with an exception of one or two weekends. Two of those weddings we are attending together as they are family members. The others are all weddings that I am second shooting with Megan for. Pray for me to be able to hang in there for those brutally long days.


This weekend was our big event for work, the Back to School Bash. Close to 1,000 children were accepted and were provided with backpacks, school supply kits, school hoodies, Nike tennis shoes, hair cuts, dental cleanings and plenty of entertainment for the day. The preparation took place all last week and well into Saturday morning before the event kicked off. This was my first year participating in this event and it was nothing short of amazing!!! I absolutely loved being able to provide these children with all the essentials for the new school year. 

After the event on Saturday I was completely exhausted so I went home and we spent the evening relaxing with Anthony and Tyson. Sunday I was going to sleep in a little bit but ended up waking up at 6:30 and could not fall back asleep. I had a 10:00 newborn session and I must say spending the evening with little Duke in front of my lens totally made my day! After the session I made a quick stop at TJ Maxx and got this adorable pumpkin garland (for the first time ever I am so excited for Fall and everything pumpkin) I also snagged some of those little dainty twinkle lights. I refrained from buying any baby clothes since we still do not know what we are having. After grabbing a bite to eat Tyson and I took a 3 hour nap waiting on Anthony to get home. 

Once Anthony got home we decided to spend the evening at the Fair. It had rained most of the afternoon so it had cooled down and baby and I were able to eat all kinds of Fair food! I am so happy that I am out of my nauseous food aversions stage and not too far along that its uncomfortable to eat in the heat! We also delivered some of the signs that we have been making to some of the 4Hers to hang at their stalls.





Even though I was busier than I wanted to be the weekend ended very well and you can bet that I am going to be taking advantage of going into the fair as much as I possibly can to eat all the good food and soak in all the shows. I told Anthony last night we only have 9 years until we get to start doing 4H with our own children!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!