Hey everyone! I am just posting here a little bit late on Friday night but I really couldn't find the time today to get it in for a couple reasons like one being the fact that last night I went to bed early and I mean early as in 3 a.m. this morning! Anthony headed to bed at 11:00 and I just found myself sitting on the couch with 3 blankets, a glass of Miss Priss wine, and catching up on social networking stuff like finding new people to follow on IG that are runners and reading some blogs that I missed out on this week. Anyways I am joining up with April, Darci, Christina and Natasha for 5 on Friday.
1. Running. That one verb is something that has been on my mind for the last month (or longer really) I decided that I was going to make myself start doing something more productive and since running was something I could do without any major gym memberships or class fees I decided to take it on. I have a goal to run a 1/2 marathon in the Spring so I started running 4-5 days a week starting the first week of October and here I am still going strong. It seriously is the only thing I think about from the time I wake up to the time I go to bed. I never thought it would be so time consuming but it really is. I find myself mapping out my routes, researching races going on, looking for podcasts to listen to while I am running, finding new bloggers to become friends with (Aunie Sauce, The Lady Okie, and Beauty and the Greek) and saving my pennies for my next pair of running shoes and other fun gear. I am so glad that I finally decided to do this and I am looking forward to the running community that I am joining.
new running clothes I bought at TJ Maxx this week that I ran in today and I love!
2. My husband is a hunter (well I am too but I haven't even gone out yet so nothing to brag about right now) and this week he shot a pheasant on Veteran's Day and a rabbit yesterday so today he put both of them in the crock pot with some seasonings and later we added carrots, potatoes and some cream of mushroom. It took 6 hours to cook today but "Oh my sweet Baby Jesus!" was it delicious!!! There is just something so rewarding about going out, sitting in the cold with your gun or bow, waiting for that wild game to come in, shooting, skinning, cooking and getting to eat it. I love that his love for the sport also feeds the family.
3. Bachelorette festies this weekend are about to kick off for one of my good friends, Julie. I am so excited because the theme is Julie's Last Rodeo so we are taking on Columbus in our boots and flannels. We ended up getting hotel rooms for tomorrow night and it is going to be a blast!
Julie and I the night of my bachelorette festies
4. Christmas. I know it still isn't even Thanksgiving but there is nothing wrong with planning now is there. We are actually going to have a couple trees going on here for Christmas so planning is required. One of the trees is going to be a woodland themed tree and I have been on the lookout for some bottle brush forest animal ornaments to go with my raccoon Mom and Dad got me last year from West Elm. Well I finally found some at Anthropologie and West Elm so tomorrow when Blaire and I go shopping I am definitely going to execute this plan and they will be in my shopping bag when we leave the stores.
5. I am so grateful for our dogs, Diesel and Tank, and their good health records so far. Cancer has struck some of our friends and families pets in the last week and it has not been good. My Aunt and Uncle had to put their golden retriever Katie down last week and my friend Julie just found out their dog has cancer too. I feel so much for them and I can only imagine how big of a mess I am going to be if or when something happens to our babies. The past week Tank has not been feeling good and has not been able to keep food down. I was up last week for a couple hours with him while he was throwing up and I felt so bad that there was nothing to do for him. Luckily he is getting back to his normal self and I am not complaining about the extra cuddle sesh's we have been having.
Well I am on my way to bed because Anthony told me to make sure I didn't come to bed too early again tonight. I hope you all have a great weekend!