Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finding Myself Again...

Usually it is only accepted to give up one thing for Lent to let us understand what Jesus went through when he went into the desert. However I do not feel I have been living life completely the Christian way so there are a couple things I am giving up for Lent and some things I am actually going to start doing for Lent, I know its to give up but if these are positive ways to live in my daily life I know God will be smiling down on me. So here goes:
1. I am going back to Church! I have not been attending Sunday mass on any sort of a regular basis. The last time I attended was Christmas Eve and that is completely unacceptable. I have no excuse for it because there is no excuse for not taking time for God for he is here for me all the time. To the people that do not know me I attended a Catholic School from Preschool through 7th Grade and we attended mass a couple times a week at school and our family went together every Sunday. I was even an altar server. So this bad habit I have picked up is not the way I was raised.
2. Giving up buying anything (materialistic) for myself. Obviously food does not count because well that is a no brainer! I have a horrible addiction to buying clothes and pretty much anything for my wardrobe. I have way too many clothes and do not need any more. When I get the urge to buy for myself I am going to try my hardest not to and during Lent I am going to really focus on simplifying what I do have and what I don't need I will be donating. (there are some lists floating around on Pinterest and Blogland of the 40 Bags Challenge and I might be participating in this)
3. Cutting out all negatives! My friend Alyssa gave me this idea. I am going to remove myself from all drama and make an attempt to make people feel better.
4. Fast food. This is something I just need to do every day of my life unless completely necessary but I am cutting it out all together for Lent. If it can be made in less than 3-5 minutes, is handed through a drive thru window and I am unsure of where the product even came from its a no-go!
I may be adding to this list but for now that is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!