Friday, October 3, 2014

Cherry's Apple Orchard

On Wednesday after work a couple of us from the office took off and went to an apple orchard. A couple of the girls are really into canning and bought a good bit of apples to make sauce and pies. I am apparently un-American and do not like cooked fruit in any form. I think it has something to do with the texture but I am rarely found choosing pie (unless it is cherry cheesecake or pumpkin) over cake! But I did grab a big bag of apples because Anthony loves apple pie and I really need to work on that whole being a good wife and cooking for my hubby thing!
 Anyways the orchard was so much fun and I would love to go back and take some family pictures there. It was about 25-30 minutes away from our house so it really would not be too far of a trip! 









On top of being able to go out and pick your own apples they also had an adorable little store that had little and big pumpkins, locally homemade jams and butter, fresh apple cider, sugar peaches, peppers and pretty much everything you would think would be in a little farm store!



And I got pretty much everything I listed above! Sarah and Courtney from the office rode with me and we were very lucky that everything fit in the back of my car!



This weekend is the last weekend that Cherry's is opened for picking but their little store is opened year round so I am sure I am going to make a trip out there with Anthony. As for next year I plan on going back and hopefully taking some other friends too with their kiddos so I can take pictures of them making memories!
What are some fall traditions that you like to do? Have you ever been to an apple orchard or are pumpkin patches more of your thing? 

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty orchard! I am going tomorrow to one and I can't wait! I can't believe you don't like apple pie! Lol! I got a new recipe for some amazing apple pie filling to can and I definitely want to pick up some apples to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, how fun! pumpkins, apples, and cider. can't get any better than that for a fall day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to an orchard before, but I want to so bad! Hopefully we will get a chance this year. That one looks soooo nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!