Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Where were you?

Where was I?
I can remember it as if it was yesterday.
I was in the 5th grade at St. Thomas. Like any other Tuesday it 
was my classes turn to go to the library. 
The librarian and many other teachers were glued to the television
the majority of the time we were in there but I didn't think too much about it.
After returning to my classroom where Mrs. Sulens also had the 
other half of our class watching the tv we were filled in with what was going on.
I am not going to lie at such a young age I didn't even know what 
the twin towers were or the severity of what was going on.
The news station was kept on for the remainder of the day 
and since I went to a Catholic School the whole school actually gathered in the church 
where we prayed for all the people being involved in this horrible tragedy.

The following day at school Mrs. Sulens taught our whole class the words to
Good Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood. 
To this day I still remember this song word for word. 

This morning on my way to work I was reflecting 
on what had happened on this day 11 years ago and thanked God that
I didn't know anyone personally involved in any of the September 11th attacks 
and that I have not lost anyone defending our freedom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!