Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Wedding Wednesday!

I am really close to having the wedding invitation design all finished.
Originally I was planning on just ordering the invitations from a company but kept going back to my love for anything DIY and just the personal touch it takes to put into anything handmade. So after tossing the idea around for a couple months I decided "why not?" I began looking all over pinterest and other websites for ideas. After finding an amazing site called Wedding Chicks who offer free invitation suites where you can choose from one of the many designs that are available, fill in your information and then download it to your computer where you can then print them from your home printer or take them to a printer and they can do the printing for you. 

Last week I showed you the idea from pinterest that I fell in love with and decided to do my own of: 

Here is how mine turned out!


For the inside with all of the information for the wedding I used the invitation suite from Wedding Chicks which was the simple monogram one. Next I was racking my brain for a cute idea for the RSVP cards and the guest information cards to be put in the invitations.

I noticed a trend of just using a postcard for the RSVP card and I loved it but wanted to create it myself.
I ended up taking the RSVP mason jar card from Wedding Chicks and doing a little editing in picmonkey to give it some more colors. I also downloaded a mason jar digital kit from Alisa's Etsy shop - Graphic Market since we are going with the mason jar and rustic country them for our wedding. For the back of the card I once again resorted to picmonkey and created the image to be used with the RSVP information in a postcard format. 
For ordering the cards I ended up using Vistaprint and just download both my images and since this was my first time using Vistaprint account I got an amazing deal on the postcards...100 cards for $24.96 plus shipping it came out to $38.64. The postcards came in the mail on Monday and I was so excited to see they turned out just like I imagined!! 


Now I am on to designing our guest information cards, I know I am wanting a little twist with these to have our engagement pictures on them. As soon as we get our engagement pictures back from Blaire I will also be putting the finishing touches to our Save The Dates!
If you have any questions on how I designed our wedding invitations or need help with your own feel free to shoot me an email and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!