Monday, August 29, 2011

Yesterday out of no where I decided I was going to get back into a regular workout/healthy eating routine. So I packed Diesel up and we headed out for a run and whatever else we could get into.

Here is a pic of me before the run in my lime green shirt I scored at TjMaxx for $13 over a year ago and am just now getting into it.
I decided I would take advantage of the fact that I live literally 3 minutes away from a State Park. Dillon SP offers so much for outdoor physical activity. It offers:
- Camping in the campground, almost 200 sites along with cabins with great views of the lake.
-1,560 acre lake for all your boating needs, there are 2 boat ramps
-1,360 foot swimming beach and wading pool
-playground for the kiddos, a doggy park area the furry members of the family, tennis and basketball courts, sand volleyball, concrete wall for practicing tennis and pick-nick shelters.
-Tons of trails. 15 miles of horseback riding trails. 2 hiking trails, a nature trail and a paved trail for handicap use. There are also 4 multi-use trails and 12 miles of mountain biking trails.
-Archery range and shooting range
-During the winter the park offers a HUGE sled riding hill and ice skating pond.

So why wouldn't I take full advantage of all this right down the road from my house. I decided to take the mountain bike trail to start off. Everything was going great and all of a sudden I twisted my ankle in a hole on the trail and fell on my face. Luckily Diesel stayed right by while I was trying to gain the strength to get back up. After walking for a while it seemed everything would be fine. So we ran down towards the beach I did a couple loops on the steps which was awesome cardio. We spent an hour exercising and it felt so great to get back in the game. I think Diesel enjoyed our quality time together too.

Map at the mountain bike trail

my running buddy!
taking a little break before attacking the steps. He was such a trooper.

beautiful view. 


getting a drink on the beach


steps, man they were a killer.
Now I am icing my ankle and hoping I can get back over to the park sometime today of my ankle isn't too swollen or bruised. I might have to take the bike over instead of running on a sore ankle. Hopefully I can keep up my working out on a regular basis. Good Luck to anyone else that is starting an exercise routine.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!