Friday, September 12, 2014

Oh Hey Friday!

Where is time going to? I cannot believe how fast the days have been going! I don't know if it is because we have fun stuff to do so much right now and big events with deadlines (weddings!) or if this is just what everyone was talking about when I was growing up that time would fly even faster as I got older, you were right Mom!!!

Nothing was too eventful this week other than some new workouts I threw into my workout routine and some classes I have been contemplating signing up for at the gym once the new sessions start in October.  I am just going to link up with September Farm  & The Farmer's Wife for Oh Hey Friday    and share my favorite apps that I have on my phone.


1. PicTapGo. This is my go to photo editor. It has amazing filters to add to photos but I love the fact that it allows you to have a floating picture when you post it to your Instagram. I just love the way all my pictures laid out without being the perfect square & floating like on my IG. If you don't already follow me take a look at how different the pictures look without being square (@mrsfry26)

2. EOS Remote. When we were on vacation in July I came across an article about my DSLR camera that if it has wifi capabilities that you can download this app to your cell phone and in turn use your phone as a remote. This allowed us take some awesome pictures this Summer that I would have otherwise had to entrust my camera to a complete stranger and fear having pictures that aren't even focused.


3. Google+ . While I haven't completely mastered the whole Google+ concept yet I did figure out recently that by downloading the app I am able to access pictures I have taken on my phone through blogger when making a blogpost. In the past I always just email these pictures to myself and then saved them to the computer. I am really liking this way much better and its is making blog posting much faster!

4. NetFlix. Last week my workout buddy Sarah asked me why I only have netflix on my ipad when I should have it on my phone too. I had never really even considered this but it dawned on me that when I am running on the treadmill at the gym and there is nothing on the tvs that are at the gym I could just put my headphones in my phone and watch my favorite netflix shows from there. Genius I tell ya!!! 

5. Instagram. Okay this is seriously my all time favorite and most used app that I have on my phone. Every time I turn my phone on I open this app to catch up on my favorite accounts. In the last year or more I started using IG more to follow my blogger friends and to make blogger friends than I even have to follow my real life friends and family. Are any of you guilty of this? 
If you don't already follow me on IG you are missing out on tons of pictures of my cute furbaby Tyson, Diesel doesn't make it in the pictures too often because he is extremely camera shy. 

So there you have it, some of my favorite apps that I have on my phone.
What are some of your favorite apps?
Do you have instagram, leave your name in a comment below so I can follow you!
I hope you all have an amazing weekend and see you all on Monday.
xoxo



5 comments:

  1. So glad I stopped by from the linkup! I'm going to have to check out PicTapGo + EOS Remote!! I'm the same about not trusting people & their horrible picture taking skills! hah thanks for the recommendations :) Have a lovely weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a smartphone, but I use my husband's ipod sometimes and the first things I use are always instagram and his dictionary app!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fact that you can use Google+ to upload your photos to blogger, I was so happy when I figured it out, because I used to do the same thing as you--email them to myself and then save them. That's really cool that you can use your phone as a remote for your DSLR camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to check out PicTapGo... thanks for the tips!! These are the best kinds of posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think my DSLR has wifi but I need to check into that just incase because that app would be awesome! Good to know about the Google+ app too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!