Thursday, June 11, 2015

1st Cruise Recap - Embarkation

I am so behind on recapping this trip. Life has been a little crazy but I did not forget about this and I need to get it on here while it is somewhat fresh in my mind and I can get it documented. We parked in a big parking garage at Port Canaveral and we were all off for the big embarkation. Our adrenaline was pumping and we were all so excited to finally be stepping foot on Carnival Valor, as you can tell from all of the smiles.


This trip would not have been possible if it had not been for my Mom's persistent planning, dedication to make sure we had the time of our lives and her sheer love to make everyone happy. Her dream was to take our whole family on a cruise after her and my Dad experienced their first cruise last year for their anniversary. I will be forever grateful to her and Dad for gifting this trip to us for Christmas. I cannot wait to plan our next one!!!




Once aboard the ship we found our way to the Lido Deck where there was a live dj playing, people already swimming and drinking  their booze and lots of exploring to be had. We found our spot in the adult only section and enjoyed people watching and see this whole process of the ship taking off.








Anthony and I found the put put golf  course that was onboard and played a couple rounds before hitting up the dining hall for some grub to hold us off until dinner. 




After a safety meeting, checking out our rooms, tracking down our luggage because we had early dinner scheduled and needed to change and finally arriving to dinner we realized we had a pretty good table in the dining hall, right by a window at the back of the boat, It took me a little while to get adjusted to the boat moving and seeing the scenery pass us by out the window. Actually it took a whole three or four meals to not be nauseous about the whole thing.




Our Waiter's name was Dependra aka Dee. He was amazing! We could not have asked for better service and entertainment for the whole week. 








I never believed it when people always told me that the best part about cruising is the food until I had it all before me for myself. The options were pretty much endless and definitely did not leave me disappointed or any room in my belly for more.






After dinner we were all going to hit up some entertainment but we found ourselves exhausted from the high we had been on all day and decided to call it a night before waking up in Freeport. 


Funny story...my brother got his head stuck, or so he thought, in this bed rail. We were all so tire and  I am pretty sure we were suffering from slap happiness we thought it was the funniest thing in the world. 


I am hoping to get the rest of this trip busted out and posted on the blog and after that get you all caught up on what has been going on in our lives around here lately. The next recap post will be of our first port of call, Freeport, Bahammas. It did not disappoint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!