Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Biggest Thanks Ever

Words cannot even begin to describe how thankful we are for your signs of gratitude in the last week.
I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of love we have received. 
A simple Thank-You will have to do for now.

Thank-you to all my blog readers and your sweet comments.
Thank-you to our family and friends that ventured over here from Facebook.
Thank-you for all of your condolences and prayers.
Thank-you to my Dad for helping me last week to get Tank to the vet.
Thank-you to all our family and friends for your text messages and phone calls checking up on Tank.
Thank-you to the wonderful staff at Muskingum Valley Vet for taking care of our big guy. Even though it must be one of the hardest jobs to break this horrible news to people (I cannot even imagine). Thank you so much for your hospitality and great care of Tank.
Thank-you Anthony for helping me get through this!! I know it hurts you to see me hurting and you comforting me during this difficult time has made it a little bit easier. I know I have been abusing my wifely duties lately (especially in the kitchen!) but I promise I am going to get back on track and I just might do some grocery shopping tonight and cook you something tasty for dinner.

So this would not be a complete post without an update on our big guy.
We picked him up yesterday around 4:30. I couldn't get out of the office fast enough to go get him.
He was a little loopy but he didn't back down to the English mastiff that came in while we were talking to them about Tank. He kept growling at him which is unusual but I think he just had a rough day and didn't want to deal with one more thing.
We got him home and he was greeted by Diesel being a complete lunatic that he was finally home.
He was still swaying a little bit and we got him to lay down and rest the sedation off. 
Aubrey and Lauren came over to see us and brought Tank (and Diesel) some treats and a toy.
Diesel seemed to think the toy was for him and Tank must have dared him to see how long it would take to get the squeaker out because that become Diesel's only concern for the rest of the night. 

can say mission accomplished!?!!

This morning while I was getting ready for work I had to take some time to cuddle with my big guy. I figure I don't have enough mornings to do this. Even though it is breaking my heart I know that he is still comfortable and I just need to savor all the little things.
Once again I want to thank all you from my bottom of our hearts. I seriously cannot thank you all enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!