Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving didn't seem much like Thanksgiving this year. I don't know what it was because I had lots to be thankful for since I am gaining a whole entire other family that is pretty awesome and there was lots of yummy food, I got to sleep in a little bit and then didn't have to stress with helping Mom clean our house and cook food because we are having the big meal at Grandma Spiker's now, the weather was amazing and everyone was in a good mood. Something just didn't seem right...but we just went along with the day and at the end of the day I was grateful I didn't have to work on Thanksgiving, I wasn't planning on going Black Friday Shopping and we just went home and relaxed our full bellies. The rest of the weekend was spent re cooperating from the amount of food we had eaten, tossing the idea of pulling out the Christmas decorations, eating more leftovers from the feast, going out to eat with Mark, Aubrey and Luke, playing a couple rounds of scrabble, some mantle decoration shopping with Mom, and then last night my Monday was topped off with getting my persuasive speech outline back from the teacher with a 100%. I guess everything was good and whatever was missing out of our Thanksgiving day I am sure will either find its way or be forgotten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! Feel free to leave me a comment and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great day!